All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis revised and updated edition presents a combination of practical advice, true stories, and invaluable information for those who want to increase their ability to communicate more consciously and effectively through touch. The physical and psychosocial benefits of skilled touch for the confined, elderly, and ill are elucidated, providing the reader with a greater understanding of how to use touch as a tool to communicate with individuals living with Alzheimer's and other types of dementia. Massage-therapy students, doctors, nurses, nursing home and extended care facility workers, chaplains, social workers, grief counselors, and all volunteer and family caregivers will benefit from this physical, emotional, and spiritual guide to hands-on comfort and healing.
- Author BiographyDawn Nelson is the founder of COMPASSIONATE TOUCH(R), for those in later life stages, and the author of Compassionate Touch, Making Friends with Cancer, and Therapeutic Massage in Facility Care. Co-producer of several award-winning videos, she also leads meditation retreats and couples communications counseling. She lives in Walnut Creek, California.
- Author(s)Dawn Nelson
- PublisherFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/11/2006
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationForres
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFindhorn Press Ltd.
- Content Note50 black & white halftones
- Weight569 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.