About this product
- DescriptionThe Lone Star State is home to a dazzling array of world-class artworks, many in private collections and rarely exhibited. Reflecting the Kimbell Art Museum's own collecting strengths, this book focuses on the art of Europe and the ancient Mediterranean from about 700 B.C. to around 1950. Over 40 prominent collections are featured along with works that have been given to museums in Texas or have left the state through gift or sale. Among the artists included are Thomas Gainsborough, Paul Gauguin, Guerci, Henri Matisse, Piet Mondrian, Claude Monet, Pablo Picasso, Pierre-Auguste Reir, and Vincent van Gogh. The distinguished scholar Richard R. Brettell contributes a comprehensive essay on the importance of private collecting in Texas.
- Author BiographyRichard R. Brettell is the Margaret McDermott Distinguished Chair of Art and Aesthetics at the University of Texas, Dallas. C. D. Dickerson III is associate curator of European art at the Kimbell Art Museum, Fort Worth.
- Author(s)C. D. Dickerson,Richard R. Brettell
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication28/12/2009
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleKimbell Art Museum
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note25 black-&-white illustrations + 200 colour images
- Weight3334 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
- AU $105.79New
- AU $75.81Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.