All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat does it take to succeed in Corporate America? From the Street Corner to the Corner Office by Michael J. Thomas is a savvy insider's look at how to effectively socialize, politicize, and patronize within the corporate environment. Using his own twenty seven year career with a Fortune 500 company as a reference guide, Mr. Thomas chronicles his improbable journey from an entry level position to that of corporate officer relying heavily on street smarts, personal courage, and the grace of God. Clearly written and filled with personal anecdotes, the author starts by examining the corporate culture, organizational life, corporate politics, and the good old boy network. He then turns his attention to the importance of good working relationships, t only with bosses, but with co-workers, mentors, and sponsors as well. The last bit of practical advice he offers deals with the power of taking intelligent risks. After speaking in broad and general terms, Mr. Thomas chooses to get rather personal. And it's this willingness to share the intimate details surrounding the arc of his career that distinguishes the book from others of its kind. From his first day on the job to the last, the author lets the reader in on the good, the bad, and ugly of it all without pulling punches, mincing words, or shading the truth. In the end, what you have here is a book that is roguishly brilliant, fun, and easy to read. With a little luck, when you've finished reading From the Street Corner to the Corner Office, Corporate America will be working for you as opposed to you merely working for it.
- Author BiographyMichael J. Thomas was born and raised in New York City. He attended St. Mark's the Evangelist Elementary School, La Salle Academy High School, and Morehouse College, in Atlanta, Georgia. After graduating from Morehouse with a B.S. degree in Psychology, Mr. Thomas began a twenty seven year career with The Allstate Insurance Company. He joined the company as an underwriter trainee and retired as a marketing vice president. Mr. Thomas was the first minority male elected vice president in the history of Allstate Insurance.
- Author(s)Michael Thomas
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.