All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $21.97Trending at AU $24.70
- AU $24.35Trending at AU $25.63
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $14.35
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $32.33
- AU $23.25Trending at AU $24.27
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $8.61Trending at AU $10.81
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely updated every year (unlike most of the competition), Frommer's England 2011 features gorgeous color maps, a detachable foldout map of London, and details on all of the country's top cities, villages, gardens, countryside destinations, and more. Frommer's England 2011 details the best overall travel experiences, from pub crawls to antique shopping to theater-going; the best of literary England (Stratford-upon-Avon, Jane Austen country, and more); the best ancient and Roman sites, including Roman baths and Hadrian's Wall ; the best museums and galleries, from the Tate Modern to the National Museum of Wales; and the best hotels and restaurants in all price categories. You'll also find over 130 pages devoted to the best of London, including the best nearby driving tours and day trips by train. It's all done with the trademark Frommer's attention to style, accuracy, and detail, including updated addresses and exact prices. Read an in-depth guide to England's art and architecture, and get the latest trip-planning advice on everything from bargain airfares to rail passes.
- Author BiographyAs a team of veteran travel writers, Darwin Porter and Danforth Prince have produced numerous titles for Frommer's which have included, France, Italy the Caribbean, Spain, and Germany. Porter wrote the first ever Frommer's guide to Paris and the first ever Frommer's guide to a single European country-back then it was called England on $5 a Day. He has lived, on occasion, in London and has traveled England extensively since he left college. In 1982, he was joined by Danforth Prince, who was previously employed by the Paris bureau of the New York Times. Today he is the president of Blood Moon Productions and other mediarelated firms. Porter is also a film critic, columnist, broadcaster and Hollywood biographer.
- Author(s)Danforth Prince,Darwin Porter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFrommer's Complete Guides
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Out-of-print date08/03/2012
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight656 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.