All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe call this a shortcut guide because that's exactly what it is: a very direct take on what's best in Milan and the Lakes...and what can be skipped. Our author Michele Schoenung is a long-time resident of Milan and she provides a concise but enjoyably erudite introduction to the highlights of this great city: LaScala Opera House, the Last Supper by DaVinci, the world-famed Duomo Cathedral, its magnificent fashion industry on display in elegant glass-fronts up and down elegant boulevards. Icing on the cake: the glorious Lake District of resort hotels and country restaurants near Milan, of which Lake Como is only one of numerous awesome vistas. This smaller-than-pocket sized book includes dozens of evocative color photos, detailed maps, exact pricing, opening hours, and the other important details that will make your trip smoother and less hectic. It features candid reviews from an author who has visited every hotel, restaurant, attraction, shop and nightspot in the guide--and many more! It also offers information for all sorts of travelers from backpackers on a budget to honeymooners looking to splash out.
- Author BiographyMichelle Schoenung is an American journalist and translator in Milan who relocated to the Belpaese in 2000 for what was to be a yearlong adventure. Fifteen years on, she is pleased that Milan has evolved into a much more international and cosmopolitan city and has shed its image of merely being a foggy northern Italian business hub. Her writings and translations have appeared in magazines and books in the United States and Italy. In her free time, she likes to read, run, travel and explore the city with her two rambunctious Italian-American bambini.
- Author(s)Michelle Schoenung
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleShortcut Guide
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteColor photos throughout, maps
- Weight185 g
- Width105 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $15.00New
- AU $12.56New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.70
- AU $36.47Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.57Trending at AU $41.69
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $39.00
- AU $61.95Trending at AU $70.10
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $28.52
- AU $55.25Trending at AU $57.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.