Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionSuffolk's coastline faces east, and through most of its history has therefore been one of the areas of this country that has been most at risk from invasion during times of conflict. Michael Foley's new book delves into the long history of military Suffolk, from Saxon shore forts, many w lost because of coastal erosion, to over forty castles or castle sites, Napoleonic martello towers and Second World War airfields, as well as research and development into the atomic bomb at Oxford Ness 9test cells can still be seen today and secret CIA spy plane flights over the county during the Cold War. Front-Line Suffolk includes location and access details for the sites that are illustrated and described, and will appeal to anyone interested in the county's history.
- Author BiographyMichael Foley gave up his teaching job some years ago, and is now a full-time writer. His articles have been published in 'This England' and 'Best of British magazines', among others, and this is his fourth book for Sutton Publishing.
- Author(s)Michael Foley
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note150 black and white
- Weight410 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.