Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionTaiwan has evolved dramatically from a little-kwn island to an internationally acclaimed ecomic miracle and thriving democracy. The history of modern Taiwanese poetry parallels and tells the story of this transformation from periphery to frontier. Containing translations of nearly 400 poems from 50 poets spanning the entire twentieth century, this anthology reveals Taiwan in a broad spectrum of themes, forms, and styles: from lyrical meditation to political satire, haiku to concrete poetry, surrealism to postmodernism. The in-depth introduction outlines the development of modern poetry in the unique historical and cultural context of Taiwan. Comprehensive in both depth and scope, Frontier Taiwan beautifully captures the achievements of the nation's modern poetic traditions.
- Author BiographyMichelle Yeh is professor of Chinese at the University of California, Davis. N. G. D. Malmqvist is professor emeritus and member of the Swedish Academy in Stockholm.
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleModern Chinese Literature from Taiwan
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight681 g
- Width168 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byMichelle Yeh,N. G. D. Malmqvist
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.