All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of neural control of breathing has advanced rapidly in the past two decades, with the emergence of many new and promising research directions of increasing sophistication. The complexity and diversity of the current methodologies signify its remarkable vivacity, albeit at the price of much confusion. Captured in this book are the broad and intricate nature of the field and its multifaceted frontiers, including aspects of genetics, cell and molecular biology, comparative biology, neurophysiology, neurochemistry, neuroanatomy, imaging, human physiology in health and disease, and influence of environmental factors. Major topics include chemosensitivity, respiratory sensation, respiratory neurons, rhythmogenesis, plasticity, development, chemoreflex and exercise, respiratory instability and variability with behavioral and sleep states, etc., which are systematically laid out in the book for easy referencing.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/10/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number499
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1016 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byChi-Sang Poon,Homayoun Kazemi
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
- AU $27.84Trending at AU $30.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.