All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrozen section of Neuropathology - related cases is performed while the patient is undergoing surgery. Intraoperative consultation is used to help guide intraoperative management of the case and to ensure that adequate and appropriate tissue has been obtained for purposes of making an accurate final diagsis. Frozen section diagsis is often a highly demanding situation for the pathologist, who must render a diagsis quickly and provide sound guidance and advice. In addition to the need for rapid recall of differential diagses, there are many pitfalls and artifacts that add to the risk of frozen section diagsis that are t present with permanent sections of fully processed tissue that can be examined in a more leisurely fashion. Most standard pathology textbooks focus primarily on permanent section material and largely igre the topic of frozen section. The purpose of this volume is to add to the Frozen Section Library series and provide a convenient, user friendly handbook to assist in the evaluation of central nervous system related frozen sections. It provides a useful reference, organized around differential diagses, primarily by location in the central nervous system. The text will be illustrated with color pictures and include tables as appropriate. This text provides a valuable tool for the practicing surgical pathologist both in community and in academic centers as well as pathology residents and fellows in training when confronted with Neuropathology frozen section.
- Author BiographyRichard A. Prayson, MD, is at the Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH. Karl M. Napekoski, MD, is at the Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH.
- Author(s)Karl Napekoski,Richard Prayson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/12/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleFrozen Section Library
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note168 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight209 g
- Width127 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Series Edited byPhilip T. Cagle
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.