All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFruitful is a trip to the local orchard, overflowing with ripe, seasonal produce--and it's t just desserts! From sweet to savory, including fresh juices, every chapter is devoted to the produce of the moment: rhubarb, strawberries, apples, plums, apricots, peaches, quinces, pears, and more. This delectable cookbook showcases the bounty from New York's favorite orchard, illustrated with gorgeous full-color photography throughout--but all of the fruit can be found wherever you live. Pies and cobblers are only the beginning of four seasons of recipes celebrating fruit: Strawberry-Black Pepper Granita, Spicy Roast Chicken with Rhubarb Chutney, Scallop and Blueberry Ceviche, Grilled Peach, Shrimp, and Prosciutto Skewers, and Rustic Apricot and Raspberry Crostada offer a taste of the juicy dishes inside. And twenty-five recipes will come from fruit-loving chefs who count themselves among Red Jacket's devoted customers: a few of the contributors include Dan Barber, Jonathan Waxman, Karen DeMasco, and Melissa Clark. Whether it's a bushel of peaches or a bundle of rhubarb, you'll find plenty to dish up here.
- Author BiographyA third-generation farmer, Brian Nicholson returned to the family business at Red Jacket Orchards full-time in 2000, after graduating from Cornell University and working in New York City. Brian is a board member of the Premier Apple Cooperative and formerly served as President of the New York Apple Association. He and Red Jacket participate in farmers markets and CSAs across New York state, with products found throughout the US. Brian lives in Canandaigua, New York, with his wife and three children. Sarah Huck spent five happy summers hawking fruit for Red Jacket Orchards and other farmers at the New York City Greenmarket. She is the author of Campfire Cookery: Adventuresome Recipes & Other Curiosities for the Great Outdoors. Sarah's work has appeared on Cookstr.com, Epicurious.com, Saveur.com, and Consumer Report publications. She holds a Master's degree in Food Studies from NYU and a Culinary degree from the Natural Gourmet Institute. Sarah lives in Brooklyn, New York, where she and her husband own Kos Kaffe, a micro coffee roaster and cafe.
- Author(s)Brian Nicholson,Sarah Huck
- PublisherRunning Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRunning Press,U.S.
- Content NoteColor photos throughout
- Weight1289 g
- Width222 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.