All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI used to be a professional footballer in the 70's and the 80's, t great, but t bad either. The Geordies would call me a ' canny' player. You may have heard of me, t because of my footballing prowess, but because of my 'name'. 'Fuckin Hell, it's Paul Cannell' the phrase first coined by Brummie comic genius Jasper Carrott has followed me for the thirty odd years since I left Newcastle United. I did receive some respite from it during the four years I played in the North American Soccer League with teams such as the Washington Diplomats, the Memphis Rogues, the Calgary Boomers, and the Detroit Express, however on my return to the Toon, it started all over again; t on the terraces but in the bars, taxis, buses... even in the fuckin' butchers! This book is a collection of controversial stories featuring some of the world's 'greats' such as Johann Cruyff, Malcolm Macdonald and Pele; some of the famous such as Howard Stern, President's daughter Susan Ford, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jasper Carrott and even fuckin' Sting and others such as me mates, Jimmy Steele and Bob Stetler, me drug dealer Joe and the infamous 'Memphis cookie man'. Oh, and I nearly forgot, there are some fuckin' twats in it as well... like Jimmy Hill the ex Coventry chairman and disgraced owner of the Detroit Express and the Washington Diplomats. It's a little bit chrological in that I've split it into three sections; my time in England, my time in the States and my time after football. The stories are about things that happened during my time in the game. Some are hilarious, some are surprising, some are shocking and some are disgusting. Some however, are hilariously, surprisingly, shockingly fuckin' disgusting... The stories you don't rmally read about!
- Author BiographyWhat is an 'author biography' ? Well, here goes.. I'm 58 and I was sick of people sayin' to me, You should write a book you.. so I did !
- Author(s)MR Paul Cannell
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.