Fuds: A Complete Encyclofoodia from Tickling Shrimp to Not Dying in a Restaurant by Kelly Hudson, Arthur L. Meyer, Dan Klein (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.22Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the FUDS parody menu went viral through the Brooklyn foodie scene, then the broader food world and the even broader Internet in 2012, people have been clamoring for the recipes behind those menu items. (Well, actually, , they haven't, because most of them consisted of baffling nsense words [Mini-hrak cuddles with malonies] or otherwise sounded disgusting [Dead dog co-plated with yam clippings and a leafy sage dumping.] Oftentimes, both.) BUT. People HAVE been clamoring for more of the deliciously absurd humor that characterizes the FUDS brand. And since that spot-on menu send-up, the young comedians behind it have spun out an entire cookbook and field guide. Here are tips on planning a seasonal menu that's likely to make your guests ill; tips on kitchen safety that could leave your sous-chefs badly charred. And, of course, recipes for all the FUDS classics: Roundeye Flank Stringers with a Yankee-Poisoned Marinara and Fuzzy Rice Curds, Shitty Chicken Spanked with Cinnamon-Garlic Dirt and Dimpled with a Freshwater Whale-Tit Sauce ...and the cult classic Bill Clinton Sandwich! The cookbook is designed and illustrated with a straight face--with a foreword by master chef Mario Batali--perfectly balancing the anarchic humor suffusing this parody. Your pretentious foodie friend has been asking for it: introduce them to the wonderful world of FUDS.
- Author BiographyAlfredo and Antonio Mizretti are the most buzzed-about young food entrepreneurs in Brooklyn, and completely fictional. Mario Batali has nothing nice to say about them, but for some reason agreed to write the foreword. He is a real chef, restaurateur, and author, with a Michelin star to his name. The real authors of the FUDS cookbook are: Kelly Hudson, a writer and producer for Adultswim.com; Dan Klein, a writer for Funny or Die, and Arthur Meyer, a writer for The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon. All three lived in Brooklyn, until Dan had to move to L.A.
- Author(s)Arthur L. Meyer,Dan Klein,Kelly Hudson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Content Note2-color throughout
- Weight517 g
- Width146 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Introduction byMario Batali
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.