All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 2008 National Defense Authorization Act requires the Secretary of the Air Force to task a federally funded research and development center to conduct an engineering analysis on modifying KC-135R and KC-10 tanker aircraft with winglets and submit a report to the congressional defense committees by May 1, 2009. This research summarizes the main issues that decision-makers should consider in the investment in a winglet modification program. The factors that should be included in any decision, such as fuel costs, aircraft utilization, and life-cycle costs are enumerated.Using historical flight data from AMC's Global Decision Support System-2 and fuel reports from one of AMC's super tanker wings, a cost-benefit analysis is developed to aid in the decision-making process. Although the addition of winglets to the KC-135R could reduce the future fuel expenditures between $177 million and $1.1 billion over the modification costs by 2042, the second-order effects to current infrastructure may diminish any potential savings achieved by the modification. Further analysis is required on a location-by-location basis to obtain the actual costs of these second-orders effects before any modification decision is made.
- Author(s)Ray P Matherne
- Date of Publication02/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight168 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.