All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the growing trend of teenagers whose eating habits keep fast-food restaurants flourishing but do little to keep the kids themselves in shape, this guide presents parents with the tools to ensure the daily health of their children. Providing the latest information on a wide range of food topics, this handbook covers everything from carbohydrates to eating disorders and vitamins, discussing each aspect sensitively and suggesting the ultimate new frontier for busy teens -- cooking their meals themselves. This updated edition contains an expanded section on portion distortion, fitness for health, and how to read food labels, while outlining the latest studies, statistics, nutrition guidelines, and health information. New recipes, tips on creating shopping lists, and meal-planning ideas are included and vegetarian and vegan issues for teens are addressed.
- Author BiographyEllen Shanley RD CD-N MBA, is a registered dietician and a faculty member in the department of nutritional sciences at the University of Connecticut. She teaches courses in food system management and directs a program in dietetics. She lives in Glastonbury, Connecticut, and is the author of numerous articles and a cookbook for kids.
- Author(s)Colleen Thompson,Ellen Shanley
- PublisherBull Publishing Company
- Date of Publication10/12/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBull Publishing Company
- Content Note14 line drawings, 8 charts & 6 tables
- Weight396 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.