All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCreating business value is t easy. The facts are sobering: Out of 27.3m US enterprises, 26.7m are employing less than 20 people and only 5,000 to 10,000 US enterprises are selling out for $10m or more each year. That's a 1 in 6,000 chance. Therefore, I ask you, are you sure you are increasing business value? Operational tips are needed more than ever. After nearly 100 blog posts of The Smith Report-and many requests for a compilation--I decided to bring these one-page business tutorials together in one place and in a sequence that makes sense. You start with a great a story and build a business around it! This book answers 9 big questions that make a significant difference to the success of a private company. These are: 1.How do you define and dominate your unique market? 2.How do you create a high growth business? 3.How do you build invation into your culture? 4.How do you attract and nurture the best talent? 5.How do you build a metrics culture that is relentlessly curious? 6.What are the best business models? 7.How do you raise venture or private equity money? 8.How do you minimize risk and build robustness into your business? 9.How do you do acquisitions and integrate them seamlessly? My blog posts and the resulting book offer lively, concise answers you can use as you scale and grow your business. The answers are the results of over 30 years in the business world, during which I have succeeded in creating significant cash wealth for shareholders.
- Author BiographyIan Smith has spent the last 25 years transforming businesses in the US and in Europe. His roles have included FD, COO, VC, leading M&A advisor, and over the last ten years, as a President and CEO of two award winning US software businesses. He has realized over $400m of cash for shareholders during his career. As founder of The Portfolio Partnership, Ian and his team partner with entrepreneurs, working inside their businesses, to transform value. Ian's weekly blog The Smith Report and Twitter feeds are widely read by the business community. His idea of relaxing is to compete as a masters track athlete and he continues to be ranked in the top 15 in the world for his age at 400m and 800m. He lives on the north shore of Boston with his wife and daughters.
- Author(s)Ian Smith
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.