All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe issuance of the International Financial Reporting Standard for Small and Medium-sized Entities (IFRS for SMEs) in July 2009 has mixed up the bipolar financial reporting landscape between Local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAPs) and Full IFRS by adding a third dimension to international GAAP choice. The study examines the characteristics and determinants of Full IFRS and IFRS for SMEs adoption by private firms in 110 countries. It finds empirical evidence for the continued existence of local versions of IFRS and the worldwide emergence of a two standard system. The findings also suggest that while Full IFRS adoption was mainly driven by network effects and political pressures, countries adopt the IFRS for SMEs tably due to cost-benefit considerations.
- Author BiographyMaximilian Saucke studied Business Administration at the University of Bayreuth (Germany) and EDHEC Business School (France). He worked as a research assistant and lecturer for the Chair of International Accounting at the University of Munster (Germany).
- Author(s)Maximilian Saucke
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication17/04/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleMunsteraner Schriften Zur Internationalen Unternehmensrechnung
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight590 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.