All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewbery Hor Book Turtle in Paradise is beloved by readers, and w they can return to this wonderful world through the eyes of Turtle s cousin Beans. Grown-ups lie. That s one truth Beans kws for sure. He and his gang kw how to spot a whopper a mile away, because they are the savviest bunch of barefoot conchs (that means locals ) in all of Key West. Not that Beans really minds; it s 1934, the middle of the Great Depression. With jobs on the island, and money anywhere, who can really blame the grown-ups for telling a few tales? Besides, Beans isn t anyone s fool. In fact, he has plans. Big plans. And the consequences might surprise even Beans himself. Praise: As a storyteller, Holm is superb. School Library Journal Holm impressively wraps pathos with comedy. Booklist Anyone interested in learning to write crowd-pleasing historical fiction for elementary school readers would be wise to study Holm s work. Publishers Weekly, starred review Sweet, funny and superb. Kirkus Reviews, Starred Review
- Author BiographyJENNIFER L. HOLM is the New York Times bestselling author of The Fourteenth Goldfish and three Newbery Honor Books, as well as the co-creator of the Babymouse and Squish series, which she collaborates on with her brother Matthew Holm.
- Author(s)Jennifer Holm
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintRandom House USA Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width147 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.