All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHighly illustrated, Full of Love, Full of Wonder explores the oeuvre to date, showcasing Savvas' processes as well as the finished works, thus offering an unprecedented insight into both her large and small-scale works. Born in Canberra, Australia, from Greek-Cypriot parents, and moving to London in the mid-1990s in order to develop her career as an artist, her artistic identity is therefore an eclectic reflection of her multiple heritages. Contributors Rachel Kent, Patricia Ellis and Stephan Little offer their disparate view points and contextualize Savvas' work both within the Australian, Greek and British contemporary art scenes, the historical can of art and the pop, kitsch and Zen cultures which Savvas' work balances with curiously harmonious ease.
- Author BiographyPatricia Ellis (born and educated in Canada) is an art writer and curator. She has written catalog texts for museums, publishing houses and galleries, including the Saatchi Gallery, the Institute of Contemporary Art, the Royal Academy and the Vanabbe Museum. She has contributed to periodicals such as Flash Art, Modern Painters, Beaux Arts, Contemporary, and Metropolis M. Ellis is the author of 100: The Work That Changed British Art, and co-authored Interview With Painting with Gianni Romano and Newspeak: British Art Now. Rachel Kent is Senior Curator at Sydney's Museum of Contemporary Art (MCA). She has worked with leading Australian and international artists and has organized many exhibitions that have traveled to the USA. She writes extensively on contemporary practice and speaks at diverse public events. Dr Stephen Little is an artist and academic. Having relocated to Sydney from London in 2010, he is currently Subject Leader for Painting at Australia's National Art School in Sydney. His work has been exhibited internationally at venues including SNO Contemporary Art Projects, Sydney; RMIT Gallery, Melbourne, Artspace, Sydney, The Sitting Room, London and NASA & The Planetary Society, USA.
- Author(s)Patricia Ellis,Rachel Kent,Stephen Little
- PublisherBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Date of Publication24/09/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlack Dog Publishing London UK
- Content Note110 illustrations
- Weight1293 g
- Width230 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.