Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Full On, ex-government minister, businessman and broadcaster Ivan Yates recounts a fascinating political and personal story. From his early days in Enniscorthy to his youthful entry into national politics - becoming the youngest member of the 22nd Dail at just twenty-one years old - it describes his subsequent rise within Fine Gael and the John Bruton-led coalition government of the mid-1990s. With characteristic honesty, he paints a gritty, -holds-barred picture of the ruthless realities - and characters - behind the spin of Irish political life, and how he played his part. He describes his time as Minister for Agriculture, Food and Forestry, and how, during the BSE crisis of the mid-1990s, he pushed himself to his physical and mental limits, before finally leaving politics behind in 2001 to pursue business. He recounts the ambitious rise of Celtic Bookmakers in the Tiger era, and the cost of its ultimate demise, leading to bankruptcy, with its heavy personal price. A gripping and utterly compelling read, Full On is a journey behind the scenes of t just one life but of a modern Ireland that has seen more than its share of highs and lows.
- Author BiographyIvan Yates is a broadcaster and columnist, co-presenting Newstalk FM's breakfast show with Chris Donoghue. He is also a frequent guest presenter on TV3 and writes weekly columns for the Irish Independent. A native of Enniscorthy, Co Wexford, the former politician and businessman also makes regular appearances as a promotional and after-dinner speaker. Ivan is married with four children and lives in Dublin.
- Author(s)Ivan Yates
- PublisherHachette Books Ireland
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCastleknock
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintHachette Books Ireland
- Weight260 g
- Width158 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.