All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA prominent practitioner of the Arabic very short story (al-qisa al-qasira jiddan), Osama Alomar's poetic fictions embody the wisdom of Kahlil Gibran filtered through the violent gray absurdity of Assad's police state. Fullblood Arabian is the first publication of Alomar's strange, often humorously satirical allegories, where good and evil battle with indifference, avarice, and compassion using striking imagery and effervescent language.
- Author BiographyOsama Alomar was born in Damascus, Syria in 1968 and now lives in Chicago. A poet, short-story writer, and musician, Alomar is the author of three collections of short stories and a volume of poetry. He is a regular contributor to various newspapers and journals within the Arab world. C. J. Collins is a librarian and a translator based in Queens, NY. Lydia Davis is a finalist for the 2013 Man Booker International Prize.
- Author(s)Osama Alomar
- PublisherNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/02/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleNew Directions Poetry Pamphlets
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Directions Publishing Corporation
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Translated byC. J. Collins
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.