All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionAs the cornerstone of applied behavior analysis, functional assessment is supported by a burgeoning literature that focuses on identification of and interventions for aggressive, self-injurious, and other challenging behaviors. Although the number of research studies continues to grow, full-length volumes on using functional assessment to address these behaviors remain few and far between. Comprehensive in coverage, Functional Assessment for Challenging Behaviors expands the kwledge base by providing information on all aspects of its topic. This unique volume addresses basic questions in salient detail, from types and rates of challenging behaviors to populations that warrant functional assessment. In addition, it examines typical assessment techniques, including interview, scaling, experimental, and in vivo methods. The use of functional assessment in treatment planning - and in combination with other interventions - is covered in depth. An especially timely chapter identifies key ethical and legal concerns in working with challenging behavior populations. Coverage includes: * The history of behavior analysis and functional assessment.* The nature, prevalence, and characteristics of challenging behaviors.* Interview and observation methods in functional assessment and analysis.* Experimental functional analysis for challenging behaviors.* Treatment methods commonly used with functional assessment.Using functional assessment in treatment planning. Functional Assessment for Challenging Behaviors is an essential resource for researchers, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in clinical child and school psychology, pediatric psychiatry and medicine, social work, rehabilitation, and developmental psychology.
- Author BiographyJohnny L. Matson is Professor and Distinguished Research Master, and Director of Clinical Training in the Department of Psychology at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge, LA. Prior to his 25 year tenure at LSU, Dr. Matson was a professor of Psychiatry at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. He is the author of over 600 publications including 34 books, and he is editor-in-chief of two journals; Research in Developmental Disorders and Research in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleAutism and Child Psychopathology Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight664 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byJohnny L. Matson
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.