Functional Medicine Clinical Protocols for Inflammatory Disorders: Functional Inflammology, Volume 2 by Dr Alex Vasquez (Paperback / softback, 2016)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $127.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $119.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRefinements/edits made to text 20 Apr 2016: This work is the culmination of several thousand research publications combined with Dr Vasquez's many years of clinical experience and teaching graduate/doctorate-level students and clinicians worldwide. With radiographs, photos, acronyms, illustrations, flowcharts, and detailed-yet-simplifying explanations, Dr Vasquez makes it easier than ever for clinicians to grasp important concepts in integrative care and functional medicine and then translate the basic science and molecular biology into treatment plans that can be explained and used in the real world of clinical practice. This second volume is written for clinicians already conversant in Ch.1) Patient assessment, laboratory interpretation, risk management, hypothyroidism, hemochromatosis, Ch.2) Wellness, Personalized Lifestyle Medicine, Ch.3) Integrative pain management using nutrition, botanicals, and manipulative medicine, Ch.4) Functional Inflammology Protocol: Diet, Polydysbiosis/Infections, Viral infections, Nutritional immumodulation, Mitochondrial dysfunction, mTOR, ERS-UPR, Orthoendocrilogy, Xebiotic detoxification. Contents: updated Chapter 5 from Inflammation Mastery, 4th Ed 1) Hypertension...727, 2) Diabetes Mellitus...819, 3) Migraine & Headaches...863, 4) Fibromyalgia...901, 5) Allergic Inflammation...984, 6) Rheumatoid Arthritis...1019, 7) Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis...1038, 8) Systemic Lupus Erythematosus...1053, 9) Scleroderma & Systemic Sclerosis...1074, 10) Vasculitic Diseases...1094, 11) Spondyloarthropathies & Reactive Arthritis...1108, 12) Sjogren Disease...1119, 13) Raynaud's Disorder...1127, 14) Clinical Notes on Behcet's Disease, Sarcoidosis, Dermatomyositis & Polymyositis...1131. The associated video tutorials and recorded live conference presentations further help students and clinicians get it via Dr Vasquez's effective teaching style which embraces complexity while always emphasizing clinical applicability and psychosocial context. The Inflammation Mastery & Functional Inflammology series of books and videos translates important concepts and nutritional/biomedical science into easy and practical clinical applications for the prevention and treatment of disorders of sustained inflammation, which Dr Vasquez describes as patterns of metabolic disturbance and inflammatory dysfunction existing in three sequential and overlapping categories: 1) metabolic inflammation, 2) allergic inflammation, 3) autoimmune inflammation. This book includes access to video presentations which introduce the origin and components of the Functional Inflammology Protocol and FINDSEX(r) acronym. Post-publication updates to this information and important social and clinical contextualization are made available in videos and online repositories (access provided in the book), and the e-newsletter available from ICHNFM.ORG. This textbook also provides access, via reprints or hyperlinks, to Dr Vasquez's published articles-paradigm-shifting perspectives published in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine (2004, 2014) and Nature Reviews Rheumatology (2016). Updated section on pain management allows students and clinicians to understand and apply manual, pharmacologic, nutritional/botanical medicine treatments for musculoskeletal pain, thereby providing better relief for patients and avoiding the hazards of NSAIDs, coxibs, steroids, opioids, immusuppressants and biologics. Discounted grayscale printing; for full-color see ISBN 0990620441. The most recent publication from ICHNFM.ORG is Functional Medicine Clinical Protocols for Inflammatory Disorders: Functional Inflammology, Vol 2 (2016; printed in color via ISBN 0990620441), which extends Vol 1 printed in 2014 in color as Functional Inflammology (ISBN 0990620409) and grayscale as Inflammation Mastery (ISBN 1500545945); also updated and published in color in 2016 as a single volume as Inflammation Mastery, 4th Ed (ISBN 0990
- Author BiographyAbout the author-Dr Alex Vasquez: Dr Alex Vasquez holds three doctoral degrees as a graduate of University of Western States (Doctor of Chiropractic, 1996), Bastyr University (Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, 1999), and University of North Texas Health Science Center, Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, 2010). A Fellow of the American College of Nutrition, Dr Vasquez is the author of many textbooks, including Integrative Orthopedics (2004/2012), Integrative Rheumatology (2006/2014), Musculoskeletal Pain: Expanded Clinical Strategies (published by the Institute for Functional Medicine, 2008), Chiropractic and Naturopathic Mastery of Common Clinical Disorders (2009), Integrative Medicine and Functional Medicine for Chronic Hypertension (2011), Fibromyalgia in a Nutshell (2012), Migraine Headaches, Hypothyroidism, and Fibromyalgia (2012), Mitochondrial Nutrition and Mitochondrial Medicine for Primary Care Conditions (2014), and Dysbiosis in Human Disease (2014), which is also an excerpt from Functional Inflammology / Inflammation Mastery: Volume 1. DrV has also written more than 110 letters and articles for professional magazines and medical journals such as British Medical Journal (BMJ), TheLancet.com, Annals of Pharmacotherapy, Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine, Journal of the American Osteopathic Association (JAOA), Nutritional Perspectives, Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics (JMPT), Current Allergy and Asthma Reports, Integrative Medicine, Nature Reviews Rheumatology, and Arthritis & Rheumatism, the Official Journal of the American College of Rheumatology. Dr Vasquez has lectured worldwide to healthcare professionals and provides expert consultations to physicians and patients internationally. All of DrV's books are available on Amazon.com with videos at Vimeo.com/DrVasquez and audio recordings of lectures at iTunes.
- Author(s)Dr Alex Vasquez
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.