Functional Programming in Scala by Paul Chiusano, Runar Bjarnason (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.93+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDESCRIPTION Functional programming (FP) is a programming style emphasizing functions that return consistent and predictable results regardless of a program's state. As a result, functional code is easier to test and reuse, simpler to parallelize, and less prone to bugs. Scala is an emerging JVM language that offers strong support for FP. Its familiar syntax and transparent interoperability with existing Java libraries make Scala a great place to start learning FP. Functional Programming in Scala is a serious tutorial for programmers looking to learn FP and apply it to the everyday business of coding. The book guides readers from basic techniques to advanced topics in a logical, concise, and clear progression. In it, they'll find concrete examples and exercises that open up the world of functional programming. RETAIL SELLING POINTS Covers the practical benefits of Functional Programming Offers concrete examples and exercises Logically progresses from basic techniques to advance topics AUDIENCE No prior experience with FP or Scala is required. Perfect for programmers familiar with FP in other languages wishing to apply their kwledge in Scala. ABOUT THE TECHNOLOGY Functional programming (FP) is a programming style emphasizing functions that return consistent and predictable results regardless of a program's state. Scala is an emerging JVM language that offers strong support for FP.
- Author BiographyAUTHOR BIO Paul Chiusano has been writing and shipping functional code in Scala since 2008 and is responsible for the introduction and growth of Scala usage at his company, Capital IQ. As part of this effort he co-designed a functional programming curriculum with Runar and taught an internal course for coworkers interested in learning FP. Paul is also a regular blogger and speaker on functional programming and Scala. Runar Bjarnason is a self-taught programmer with 12 years of industry experience, with a focus on functional programming since 2008. Runar is a prolific blogger and occasional speaker on functional programming and the Scala programming language. He is a principal contributor to the Scalaz library for Scala and the Functional Java library for Java.
- Author(s)Paul Chiusano,Runar Bjarnason
- PublisherManning Publications
- Date of Publication25/09/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintManning Publications
- Weight564 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.