All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
About this product
- DescriptionA thorough and elegant treatment of the theory of matrix functions and numerical methods for computing them, including an overview of applications, new and unpublished research results, and improved algorithms. Key features include a detailed treatment of the matrix sign function and matrix roots; a development of the theory of conditioning and properties of the Frechet derivative; Schur decomposition; block Parlett recurrence; a thorough analysis of the accuracy, stability, and computational cost of numerical methods; general results on convergence and stability of matrix iterations; and a chapter devoted to the f(A)b problem. Ideal for advanced courses and for self-study, its broad content, references and appendix also make this book a convenient general reference. Contains an extensive collection of problems with solutions and MATLAB implementations of key algorithms.
- Author BiographyNicholas J. Higham, FRS, is Richardson Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Manchester,UK.
- Author(s)Nicholas J. Higham
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication11/09/2008
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight930 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.