All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionFUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF STRUCTURAL ALLOY DESIGN is the proceedings of the tenth Battelle Colloquium in the Materials Sciences, held in Seattle, Washington, and Harrison Hot Springs, B.C., September 15-19, 1975. The theme of the conference was the emerging science of alloy design. Although the relationships of properties of alloys to their composition and structure have long been a dominant theme in physical metallurgy, it is only recently that metallurgists have turned their attention from the analytical, post hoc study of the structure-property relationship to the synthesis approach of alloy design. As usual in the Battelle colloquia, the first day started with a group of introductory lectures presented by leaders in the field, each emphasizing his personal approach to the problem. This provided a historical perspective for the colloquium. These papers, together with the banquet address of Professor J. R. Low, Jr., who was hored at the colloquium, comprise the introductory section of these proceedings. Alloy design is generally specific to a given application. Thus, the needs in alloy design in a number of important applications, gas turbines, electrical-power-generation equipment, airframes, pressure vessels, and nuclear applications were presented in a group of papers. An agenda discus- sion on Needs in Alloy Design followed. These papers give the external constraints on alloy design applications, and criteria for mechanical, physical, and chemical properties for which the alloys must be designed.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleBattelle Institute Materials Science Colloquia (Closed)
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1296 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byRobert Jaffee
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1977
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.