Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis easy-to-follow guide is an essential reference for practitioners of all ages and abilities of this most popular martial art. Beginning with a chapter on breathing technique, this practical and detailed book goes on to reveal how to develop your energy-shout, the basic stances of Karate and how to accomplish the art of punching, blocking, kicking and striking, including all the must-kw moves from the Knife-hand Block to the Roundhouse Kick. Each stance and movement is complimented with clear step-by-step photographs and includes a section on 'points to avoid' when practicing each one. By demonstrating the key aspects of the basic technique and emphasizing the need for a careful, classical approach to the practice of Karate, you will have all you need to kw to practice the sport in safety. Coming from two of the UK's most respected and experienced competitors and teachers, this is the perfect guide for both new and improving students of Karate.
- Author BiographyAidan Trimble is the Chief Instructor to the Federation of Shotokan Karate and a former British, European and World Karate Champion, winning the world title in Tokyo - the home of Karate. Aidan has trained with some of the world's leading teachers of 'traditional' and 'sport' karate and is now an award-winning instructor and teacher who is in demand throughout the world. He can be contacted via www.fsk-karate.com. Dave Hazard is the Chief Intructor to the Acadamy of Shotokan Karate and a former National Champion and member of the National Team. Dave has lived in Japan and trained under some of the world's most famous Japanese teachers in the Japan Karate Association's instructors' class. Dave has also coached the England National Team.
- Author(s)Aidan Trimble,Dave Hazard
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication15/06/2006
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width189 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.