Fundamental Phenomena in the Materials Sciences: Volume 3: Surface Phenomena, Proceedings of the Third Symposium on Fundamental Phenomena in the Materials Sciences Held January 25-26, 1965, at Boston, Mass. by L. J. Bonis, J. J. Duga, P. L. de Bruyn (Paperback, 2012)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores in detail the four interrelated branches of the study of surface phemena-surface thermodynamics, nucleation, diffusion, and fine-particles techlogy-providing an unusual and comprehensive body of kwledge that will be of interest and practical value to both materials researchers and practising engineers. The growing awareness-since the advent of the space age-among solid-state physicists, metallurgists, ceramists, chemical engineers, and mechanical engineers of the need for a broad interdisciplinary under- standing of the fundamental phemena common to all matedals has led in recent years to the development of a new field of scientific investigation, Materials Science. To help promote interest in and con- tributions to this new techlogy, annual symposia on Fundamental Phemena in the Materials Sciences have been organized by the Ilikon Corporation. The first symposium, reported in Volume 1 of this series, was held in Boston, Massachusetts, on February 1 and 2, 1963; sintering and plastic deformation were the main topics of discussion. The second meeting, also held in Boston, on January 27 and 28, 1964, was exclusively concerned with the general interdisciplinary problems related to surface phemena, that is, all of those physical and chemical areas that are pertinent to the surface of a solid, or to the interface between a solid and a gas, a solid and a liquid, or a solid and a solid.
- Author(s)J. J. Duga,L. J. Bonis,P. L. de Bruyn
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/04/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 1 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight368 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1966
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.