All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPacked with vivid illustrations and a wealth of hands-on applications, best-selling FUNDAMENTALS OF ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, 4E is written specifically for learners in a one-semester introductory A&P course in the allied health field who have little or previous kwledge of anatomy and physiology. Kwn for its clear approach to teaching, the text is widely praised for its ability to break A&P down into very simple, easy to understand language. Content is organized according to body systems, and focuses on the body working together to promote homeostasis. Improving both the quality and quantity of text illustrations, the Fourth Edition's new art program brings text concepts to life with new figures throughout. Designed specifically for the needs of health care programs, the all-new Learning Lab's interactive simulation program helps learners maximize their success.
- Author BiographyDonald C. Rizzo is professor emeritus at Marygrove College in Detroit, Michigan, where he taught Human Anatomy and Physiology and Medical Terminology. He also taught Biology II: The Unity and Diversity of Life, Principles of Biology, Parasitology, Zoology, and Botany. He conducted biological fieldwork around the globe. Dr. Rizzo began his teaching career at Marygrove College in 1974 and served as chairperson of the Science and Mathematics department from 1975-2006. His numerous awards include the 2010 Marygrove College Presidential Award for Service, the 2009 Marygrove College Presidential Award for Scholarship, 2006 Marygrove College Presidential Award for Teaching, 1992 Marygrove College Teacher Scholar Award and the 1990 Sears Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award. Dr. Rizzo has published in the JOURNAL OF INVERTEBRATE PATHOLOGY and coauthored a computerized test bank for medical terminology. Along with two colleagues, he has presented at national and international conferences on the interdisciplinary service learning course HIV/AIDS: Its Biological and Social Impact. In addition, he incorporates service learning into all the courses he teaches. Dr. Rizzo received his B.A. in biology and education in 1968 from Boston State College (now the University of Massachusetts at Boston), his M.S. in 1970 and his Ph.D. in 1973 from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York.
- Author(s)Donald C. Rizzo
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/04/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.