All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Applied Reservoir Engineering introduces early career reservoir engineers and those in other oil and gas disciplines to the fundamentals of reservoir engineering. Given that modern reservoir engineering is largely centered on numerical computer simulation and that reservoir engineers in the industry will likely spend much of their professional career building and running such simulators, the book aims to encourage the use of simulated models in an appropriate way and exercising good engineering judgment to start the process for any field by using all available methods, both modern simulators and simple numerical models, to gain an understanding of the basic 'dynamics' of the reservoir -namely what are the major factors that will determine its performance. With the valuable addition of questions and exercises, including online spreadsheets to utilize day-to-day application and bring together the basics of reservoir engineering, coupled with petroleum ecomics and appraisal and development optimization, Fundamentals of Applied Reservoir Engineering will be an invaluable reference to the industry professional who wishes to understand how reservoirs fundamentally work and to how a reservoir engineer starts the performance process.
- Author BiographyRichard Wheaton is currently a Senior Lecturer in Petroleum Engineering , University of Portsmouth. He has 33 years of experience in the oil and gas industry. He joined BG Group (then British Gas) in 1980 starting as a Senior Scientist (Reservoir Engineering) in the Research Division and becoming a Research Project Leader developing an 'in-house' compositional reservoir simulator. He has held posts as a Principle Petroleum Engineer, Reservoir Engineering Manager, Chief Reservoir Engineer, Chief Petroleum Engineer and as Head of Corporate Reserves. In the last three years, he has been a Special Advisor to the Chief Executive. Dr. Wheaton's areas of expertise include reservoir engineering, reservoir modelling, development planning, reserves and resource estimation, project evaluation. He has worked extensively on both conventional oil, gas and condensate fields and on unconventional (coal seam and shale gas) and has worked on worldwide projects (Kazakhstan, Russia, Egypt, Trinidad, Vietnam, India, Australia, US, Brazil, Bolivia, UK) over the last 22 years.
- Author(s)Richard Wheaton
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGulf Professional Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight280 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.