Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $87.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $21.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionALA Fundamentals Series (Angela, same header treatment as Library Supervision title of Winter 05 catalog.) With more than one-third of library users under the age of 12, it may be said that children's services drive public libraries. Still, many administrators don't fully appreciate how integral these services are to their institutions. Sullivan conducts a friendly tour in this comprehensive reference, covering both invative and standard practices in children's services. From the collection and programming, to homework support, reference and reader's advisory, to promoting and budgeting, children's services parallel other library services and are less important. Part of ALA's Fundamentals Series , this overview provides hands-on, proven strategies for those on the front lines, while addressing questions critical to the long-term success of children's library services: Why are children's services so important? How do they fit into the library overall? What do children's librarians do all day? Why should children's librarians focus on administrative matters? What are the hot issues and cutting edge trends? Those who want to become children's librarians, experienced and new children's librarians, library administrators and trustees alike will find this new 'bible' of children's services sets the record straight: Children's services are the heart of the library.
- Author BiographyMichael Sullivan is Director of the Weeks Public Library, Greenland, NH and formerly served as Children's Library Supervisor at Parlin Memorial Library, Everett, MA. An adjunct instructor at Plymouth State University and continuing education instructor at Simmons College, Sullivan has more than 15 years of experience working with children in libraries, schools, and elsewhere. He served as president of the New Hampshire Library Association (1996-97) and was named New Hampshire Librarian of the Year in 1998. A popular speaker and presenter, he is the author of numerous articles and Connecting Boys with Books (ALA Editions). He holds his MLS from Simmons College.
- Author(s)Michael Sullivan
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication31/08/2005
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.