All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIs it possible to learn something without being aware of it? How does emotion influence the way we think? How can we improve our memory? Fundamentals of Cognition 2nd edition is a basic, reader-friendly introduction to the key cognitive processes we use to interact successfully with the world around us. Our abilities in attention, perception, learning, memory, language, problem solving, thinking, and reasoning are all vitally important in enabling us to cope with everyday life. Understanding these processes through the study of cognitive psychology is essential for understanding human behavior. This new edition has been extensively updated and revised, with an emphasis on making it even more accessible for introductory students. Several new textbook features, including 'In the Real World' case studies, and research activities, make it easy for students to engage fully with the material. The book includes comprehensive coverage of all the key topics in cognition, and provides a perfect balance between traditional approaches to cognition and cutting-edge cognitive neuroscience and cognitive neuropsychology. It is the most up-to-date textbook in cognitive psychology, and w includes a substantial amount of research from the last 5 years. The book has been written very much with introductory-level students in mind, and can be read with ease by those with previous kwledge of cognitive psychology. However, it also includes directions for more detailed and advanced study. This excellent overview will be essential reading for all students of cognitive psychology and related areas such as clinical psychology. Instructors who adopt the book will be able to access a wealth of online teaching resources.
- Author BiographyMichael W. Eysenck is one of the best-known psychologists in Europe. He is Professor of Psychology at Royal Holloway University of London, one of the leading psychology departments in the United Kingdom. Altogether he has written more than 35 books and over 150 articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Michael W. Eysenck
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note107 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight1292 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.