All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy ather dermatology text? In 1973, when Drs. Nasemann and Sauerbrey wrote the introduction to the first edition of Haut- krankheiten und venerische Infektionen. they addressed this question. They promised their book would be concise and profusely illustrated to best teach the fundamentals of dermatology. The German text, w in its fourth edition, has been widely successful. In undertaking an American revised translation of their work, it was my hope to meet a need in the English-language literature similar to that met by the German text. I believe that both students and n- dermatologic physicians will find this volume a useful introduction to the art and science of treating skin disorders. The practice of dermatology differs from country to country. This text is therefore t simply a translation, but an adaptation that incorporates much new material. In the pages that follow, I have built on the successful framework of the German text, incorporating its excellent photographs and other teaching aids. Discussion of therapy has been extensively revised to reflect current practice in the United States. Original chapters on male infertility and proctology (two dermatologic domains in Germany) are t included in this book. They have been replaced by wholly new chapters on cutaneous surgery and tropical dermatology. We are grateful to Ronald G. Wheeland, M.D., for contributing the surgical chapter.
- Author(s)T. Nasemann,W. Sauerbrey,W.H.C. Burgdorf
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication15/04/1983
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note235 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight835 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.