All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionUsing fundamentals of communication theory, thermodynamics, information theory and propagation theory, this book explains the universal principles underlying a diverse range of electro-optical systems. From fiber optics and infra-red imaging to free space communications and laser remote sensing, the authors relate key concepts in science and device engineering to practical systems issues. A broad spectrum of coherent and incoherent imaging and communications systems is considered, accompanied by many real-world examples. The authors also present new insights into LIDAR and free space communications and imaging, providing practical guidance on identifying the fundamental limitations of transmission and imaging through deleterious channels. Accompanied by online examples of processed images and videos, this uniquely tailored guide to the fundamental principles underlying modern electro-optical systems is an essential reference for all practising engineers and academic researchers in optical engineering.
- Author BiographySherman Karp received his PhD from the University of Southern California, and has gone on to work with both NASA and DARPA as Principal Scientist. The author of several books, he has also been awarded the SECDEF Medal for Meritorious Civilian Service and NOSC 'Scientist of the Year'. He is a Fellow of the IEEE. Larry B. Stotts received his PhD from the University of California, San Diego and is a former Deputy Office Director for the Strategic Technology Office, DARPA. He has been awarded two DARPA Technical Achievement Awards, two SECDEF Medals for Meritorious Civilian Service and the NOSC Technical Director's Award. He is a Fellow of the IEEE and SPIE.
- Author(s)Larry B. Stotts,Sherman Karp
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note145 b/w illus. 6 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.