All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition, expanded with the addition of four new chapters, continues to help students develop an essential understanding of how financial management plays a positive role in strategic management of organisations. The book is designed for a foundation course in financial management for postgraduate students of business management (MBA), commerce, engineering and techlogy. It focuses on the basic concepts underlying the theory of financial management and also real-world practice in areas of investment, financing and asset management.
Each financial function is discussed in a lucid and concise manner to help students improve their basic skills in financial management. The aim of the book is to enable the readers to gain insight into the financial decision-making processes. The book introduces the readers to the three major decision-making areas in financial management: break-even analysis, decisions involving alternative choices, and variance analysis.
Key Features :
- A systematic presentation of the subject matter, supported with a number of illustrations and diagrams
- The topics of 'ratio analysis' and 'cash flow analysis' have been thoroughly revised and enlarged in accordance with the Accounting Standards (AS) issued by the ICAI
- Theoretical discussions are supplemented with suitable case studies
- Examination problems are given at the end of each chapter
- The chapter 'New Horizons in Budgeting' explains the latest trends in budgeting.
- Author BiographyD. Chandra Bose, PhD, is Principal, Sree Narayana College (University of Kerala), Chengannur, Kerala. He has more than three decades of academic experience. He has authored several books in the field of management and administration, including four books for PHI Learning. His research areas include marketing, public administration, and finance and accounting.
- Author(s)Chandra D. Bose
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication01/04/2011
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPHI Learning
- Weight1010 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.