All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to address formulaic language directly and provide a foundation of kwledge for graduates and researchers in early stages of study of this important language phemen. It is also suitable for students of linguistics, applied linguistics, and language teacher education. The information that currently exists is scattered throughout articles and book chapters across a range of subfields of linguistics and applied linguistics. Over the past few decades there has been a steadily increasing interest and research focus on the phemen of formulaic language in the fields of linguistics and applied linguistics. Slowly, a consistent definition has emerged, centring around the idea that formulaic sequences are multi-word units with specific meanings or functions, and some evidence points to their being processed mentally as wholes. Researchers from diverse backgrounds have identified the nature and roles of formulaic sequences in language acquisition and production, in the construction of text and discourse, in spoken and written language, and in language teaching. The increasing volume, diversity, and complexity of the state of kwledge about this emerging area of study is marshalled by this intelligent and well-written book.
- Author BiographyDavid Wood teaches applied linguistics at Carleton University, Canada, where his research interests lie in formulaic language, acquisition of L2 spoken language and academic discourse, and language teacher education. He has taught English language and applied linguistics in Canada, Greece, and Japan.
- Author(s)David Wood
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/12/2015
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note10 illus
- Weight492 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.59Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.