Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $120.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $188.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Health Psychology is a contributed health psychology text. This exciting volume brings together a highly distinguished, internationally respected team of authors to discuss the sub-fields of health psychology in North America. Written in an engaging and comprehensive style, the text emphasizes evidence-based approaches to health psychology. Split into three parts, Fundamentals of Health Psychology covers a wide range of topics. Part I, Fundamentals of Health Psychology, introduces students to general areas of health psychology, such as body systems, healthcare systems, illness prevention, stress and coping, and pain. Chapters in Part II, Health Conditions, deal explicitly with serious illness and specific health conditions including cancer, diabetes, HIV, multiple sclerosis, and renal conditions. Part III, Special Populations, contains chapters dedicated to special populations-children and the elderly-and cross-cultural issues, a unique and significant offering as studies of issues affecting these populations are increasingly important in our diverse society. Each chapter includes In Practice case studies and In Focus boxes discussing additional topics of prevention, promotion, research, and treatment, to help students understand health psychology as it currently exists and its future directions. End-of-chapter Critical Thought Questions and recommended readings inspire and enhance student discussion and research.
- Author BiographyDr Thomas Hadjistavropoulos is a University of Regina Research Chair in Psychology, professor of psychology, and past-president of the Canadian Psychological Association (CPA). He is director of the Health Psychology Research Lab at the University of Regina and he serves on the editorial boards for several academic journals including Canadian Psychology, Journal of Aging and Health, and Assessment. He is internationally recognized as an authority on pain among seniors and on ethical issues in health care. He has been honoured through a long list of prestigious awards and distinctions, including a Canadian Institutes of Health Research Investigator Award, Elected Fellow of the Canadian Academy of the Health Sciences (CAHS), Elected Fellow of the American Psychological Association, and Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation Achievement Award.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note110 photos; 68 figures; 19 tables
- Weight26 g
- Width21 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byHeather Hadjistavropoulos,Thomas Hadjistavropoulos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.