All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionIn order to manage the world's increasingly scarce water resources we must have a sound understanding of how water moves around the planet and what influences water quality. Fundamentals of Hydrology provides an engaging and comprehensive introduction to this subject and provides real-life examples of water resource management in a changing world. The second edition of this popular book brings the text up-to-date with additional case studies and diagrams and a greater synthesis of water quality with physical hydrology. The chapters on ruff and evaporation have been updated and the final chapter on hydrology in a changing world has more material on water resource management strategies. Additionally the chapter on streamflow analysis w includes a more in-depth section on modelling ruff. The book begins with a comprehensive coverage of precipitation, evaporation, water stored in the ground and as sw and ice, and ruff. These physical hydrological processes show with respect to the fundamental kwledge about the process, its measurement and estimation and how it ties in with water quality. Following this is a section on analyzing streamflow data, including using computer models and combining hydrology and ecology for in-stream flow assessment. A chapter on water quality shows how to measure and estimate it in a variable environment and finishes with a section on pollution treatment. The final chapter brings the text together to discuss water resource management andreal-life issues that are faced by hydrologists in a constantly changing world. Fundamentals of Hydrology is a lively and accessible introduction to the study of hydrology at university level. This new edition continues to provide an understanding of hydrological processes, kwledge of the techniques used to assess water resources and an up-to-date overview of water resource management in a changing world. Throughout the text, wide-ranging examples and case studies are used to clearly explain ideas and methods. Short chapter summaries, essay questions, guides to further reading and a glossary are also included.
- Author BiographyTim Davie is a research scientist working in the areas of land use change hydrology and Integrated Catchment Management in New Zealand. He is President of the New Zealand Hydrological Society and previously lectured in Environmental Science and Geography at Queen Mary College, University of London.
- Author(s)Nevil Quinn,Tim Davie
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/04/2008
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note112 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 30 black & white tables, 19 black & white halftones, 10 colour illustrations, 93 black & white line drawings
- Weight635 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.