All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $30.42Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe acute inflammatory response is the body's first system of alarm signals that are directed toward containment and elimination of microbial invaders. Uncontrolled inflammation has emerged as a pathophysiologic basis for many widely occurring diseases in the general population that were t initially kwn to be linked to the inflammatory response, including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis, and cancer. To better manage treatment, diagsis, and prevention of these wide-ranging diseases, multidisciplinary research efforts are underway in both academic and industry settings. This book provides an introduction to the cell types, chemical mediators, and general mechanisms of the host's first response to invasion. World-class experts from institutions around the world have written chapters for this introductory text. The text is presented as an introductory springboard for graduate students, medical scientists, and researchers from other disciplines wishing to gain an appreciation and working kwledge of current cellular and molecular mechanisms fundamental to inflammation.
- Author BiographyCharles N. Serhan, PhD, is the Simon Gelman Professor of Anesthesia at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Director of the Center for Experimental Therapeutics and Reperfusion Injury, and Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Pharmacology at Harvard Medical School, Cambridge, Massachusetts. He is one of the world's top researchers on inflammation and mediation. Peter A. Ward, MD, is Stobbe Professor of Pathology at the University of Michigan Health Systems, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Dr Ward is past President of the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology. Derek W. Gilroy, PhD, is a lecturer in the Centre for Clinical Pharmacology, University College London, United Kingdom. He has received the Bayer Aspirin Prize and is a Wellcome Trust Research Career Development Fellow.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication26/04/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note99 b/w illus. 44 tables
- Weight1610 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byCharles N. Serhan,Derek W. Gilroy,Peter A. Ward
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.