All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a text (divided into two volumes) for a two semester course in Mathematical Statistics at the Senior/Graduate level. The two main pedagogical aspects in these Volumes are: (i) the material is designed in lessons (each for a 50 minute class) with complementary exercises and home work. (ii) although the material is traditional, great care is exerted upon self-contained, rigorous and complete presentations. An elementary introduction to characteristic functions and probability measures and intergration, but t general measure theory in Volume I, allows a complete proof of some central limit theorems and a rigorous treatment of asymptotic of statistical inference. But students need to be familiar only with such things as Jacobians and eigenvalues of matrices. Volume II: Statistical Inference is designed for the second semester and contains a rigorous introduction to Mathematical Statistics, from random samples to asymptotic theory of statistical inference.
- Author(s)Gerald S. Rogers,Hung T. Nguyen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2011
- Series TitleSpringer Texts in Statistics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight662 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.