All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Midwifery: A Textbook for Students makes the subject of midwifery accessible, informative and motivating, ensuring that it is an essential text for the aspiring midwife! This resource brings together kwledge from a collection of clinical experts and experienced academics to support your learning and prepare you for the challenges faced in contemporary midwifery healthcare. It presents you with the must-have information that you need concerning both the theoretical and practical aspects of what it means to be a midwife. With extensive full colour illustrations throughout, as well as activities and scenarios, this user-friendly textbook will support you throughout your entire education programme. Fundamentals of Midwifery is essential reading for all pre-registration student midwives, as well as newly qualified midwives. KEY FEATURES: Broad and comprehensive in scope, with chapters on: team working; antenatal care, intrapartum and postnatal care; infant feeding; public health and health promotion; perinatal mental health; complementary therapies; pharmacology and medicines management; and emergencies. Interactive and student-friendly in approach, with activities throughout. Brings together professional and clinical topics in one user-friendly book. Ties in with the latest NMC Standards for pre-registration midwifery education. Supported by an online resource centre featuring interactive multiple-choice questions, additional scenarios and activities, and links to further reading.
- Author BiographyLouise Lewis is a Lecturer in Midwifery at the Faculty of Health and Social Care of the University of Hull.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication20/02/2015
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleFundamentals
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight928 g
- Width185 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byLouise Lewis
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.