Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health by Mark A. Friend, James.P. Kohn (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $94.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $131.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sixth edition of this popular handbook provides a thorough and up-to-date overview of the occupational safety and health field and the issues safety professionals face today, and does so in an accessible and engaging manner. An excellent introductory reference for both students and professionals, Fundamentals of Occupational Safety and Health provides practical information on techlogy, management, and regulatory compliance issues, covering crucial topics like organizing, staffing, directing, and evaluating occupational safety programs and procedures. Author Mark Friend addresses all major occupational safety and health topics in this comprehensive volume, including safety-related laws and regulations, hazardous materials, workplace violence, the threat of terrorism, and OSHA's recordkeeping standard. This new edition has been revised and updated throughout to include new information on a variety of topics. Some of the highlights: * The Globally Harmonized System for Hazard Communication of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals and related changes in termilogy are addressed under Hazardous Materials * The chapter on Industrial Hygiene reflect the recent changes in the regulations regarding the Globally Harmonized System for Hazard Communication of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals * The chapter on Transportation Safety has been significantly edited and streamlined to provide the reader with a better format that is easier to read and comprehend The book includes a handy directory of resources such as safety and health associations, First Responder organizations, and state and federal agencies. The latest edition of this go-to reference work reflects the legal and cultural climate of safety and health in an easily comprehensible and well-organized format, giving readers a wealth of occupational safety and health information right at their fingertips.
- Author BiographyMark A. Friend is professor of Safety and Chair of the Department of Applied Aviation Sciences at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. A Certified Safety Professional, Friend is an active consultant, expert witness, and speaker at regional, national, and international events. James P. Kohn was associate professor of Industrial Technology at East Carolina University and president of OccuSafe Service Corporation. Dr. Kohn authored, co-authored, or edited seven books on safety and industrial hygiene topics.
- Author(s)James.P. Kohn,Mark A. Friend
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBernan Press
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 15 black & white halftones, 9 tables
- Weight885 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.