All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionFundamentals of Optical Fibers, Second Edition offers readers a timely and consistent introduction to the fundamental principles of light propagation in fibers. In it, the author reviews, in depth, fundamental wave guiding concepts, the influence of various fiber structures and materials on light transmission, nlinear light propagation effects occurring in fibers, and various measurement techniques. Since the chief application of optical fibers is in communication systems, throughout the book the focus is on topics, which pertain to that domain.
- Author BiographyJOHN A. BUCK received his PhD in electrical engineering from the University of California at Berkeley in 1982. He then joined the faculty of the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the Georgia Institute of Technology, where he is now at the rank of professor. His research areas have included ultrafast switching, nonlinear optical materials characterization, and nonlinear propagation in fibers.
- Author(s)John A. Buck
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/05/2004
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleWiley Series in Pure and Applied Optics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight609 g
- Width162 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.