Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $111.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $168.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough multicore is w a mainstream architecture, there are few textbooks that cover parallel multicore architectures. Filling this gap, Fundamentals of Parallel Multicore Architecture provides all the material for a graduate or senior undergraduate course that focuses on the architecture of multicore processors. The book is also useful as a reference for professionals who deal with programming on multicore or designing multicore chips. The text's coverage of fundamental topics prepares students to study research papers in the multicore architecture area. The text offers many pedagogical features, including: * Sufficiently short chapters that can be comfortably read over a weekend * Introducing each concept by first describing the problem and building intuition that leads to the need for the concept * Did you kw? boxes that present mini case studies, alternative points of view, examples, and other interesting facts or discussion items * Thought-provoking interviews with experts who share their perspectives on multicore architectures in the past, present, and future * Online programming assignments and solutions that enhance students' understanding The first several chapters address programming issues in shared memory multiprocessors, such as the programming model and techniques to parallelize regular and irregular applications. The core of the book covers the architectures for shared memory multiprocessors. The final chapter contains interviews with experts in parallel multicore architecture.
- Author BiographyYan Solihin is a professor of electrical and computer engineering at North Carolina State University, where he founded and leads the Architecture Research for Performance, Reliability, and Security (ARPERS) group. Dr. Solihin has been a recipient of the IBM Faculty Partnership Award, NSF Faculty Early Career Award, and AT&T Leadership Award. He is listed in the HPCA Hall of Fame and is a senior member of the IEEE. His research interests include computer architecture, computer system modeling methods, and image processing.
- Author(s)Yan Solihin
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2015
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleChapman & Hall/CRC Computational Science
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note161 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.