All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and self-contained textbook presents an accessible overview of the state of the art of multivariate algorithmics and complexity. Increasingly, multivariate algorithmics is having significant practical impact in many application domains, with even more developments on the horizon. The text describes how the multivariate framework allows an extended dialog with a problem, enabling the reader who masters the complexity issues under discussion to use the positive and negative toolkits in their own research. Features: describes many of the standard algorithmic techniques available for establishing parametric tractability; reviews the classical hardness classes; explores the various limitations and relaxations of the methods; showcases the powerful new lower bound techniques; examines various different algorithmic solutions to the same problems, highlighting the insights to be gained from each approach; demonstrates how complexity methods and ideas have evolved over the past 25 years.
- Author BiographyDr. Rodney G. Downey is a Professor in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Operations Research, at the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. Dr. Michael R. Fellows is a Professor in the School of Engineering and Information Technology, at the Charles Darwin University, Darwin, NT, Australia.
- Author(s)Michael Fellows,Rodney G. Downey
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication04/12/2013
- Series TitleTexts in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1352 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.