All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you're looking to understand photonic crystals, this systematic, rigorous, and pedagogical introduction is a must. Here you'll find intuitive analytical and semi-analytical models applied to complex and practically relevant photonic crystal structures. You will also be shown how to use various analytical methods borrowed from quantum mechanics, such as perturbation theory, asymptotic analysis, and group theory, to investigate many of the limiting properties of photonic crystals which are otherwise difficult to rationalize using only numerical simulations. An introductory review of nlinear guiding in photonic lattices is also presented, as are the fabrication and application of photonic crystals. In addition, end-of-chapter exercise problems with detailed analytical and numerical solutions allow you to monitor your understanding of the material presented. This accessible text is ideal for researchers and graduate students studying photonic crystals in departments of electrical engineering, physics, applied physics and mathematics.
- Author BiographyMaksim Skorobogatiy is Professor and Canada Research Chair in Photonic Crystals at the Department of Engineering Physics at Ecole Polytechnique de Montreal, Canada. In 2005 he was awarded a fellowship from the Japanese Society for Promotion of Science, and he is a member of the Optical Society of America. Jianke Yang is Professor of Applied Mathematics at the University of Vermont, USA. He is a member of the Optical Society of America and the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics.
- Author(s)Jianke Yang,Professor Maksim Skorobogatiy
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication11/12/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note4 b/w illus.
- Weight720 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.