All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow ubiquitous in public discussions about cutting-edge science and techlogy, nascience has generated many advances and inventions, from the development of new quantum mechanical methods to far-reaching applications in electronics and medical diagstics. Ushering in the next techlogical era, Fundamentals of Picoscience focuses on the instrumentation and experiments emerging at the picometer scale. One picometer is the length of a trillionth of a meter. Compared to a human cell of typically ten microns, this is roughly ten million times smaller. In this state-of-the-art book, international scientists and researchers at the forefront of the field present the materials and methods used at the picoscale. They address the key challenges in developing new instrumentation and techniques to visualize and measure structures at this sub-nameter level. With numerous figures, the book will help you: * Understand how picoscience is an extension of nascience * Determine which experimental technique to use in your research * Connect basic studies to the development of next-generation picoelectronic devices The book covers various approaches for detecting, characterizing, and imaging at the picoscale. It then presents picoscale methods ranging from scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) to spectroscopic approaches at sub-nameter spatial and energy resolutions. It also covers vel picoscale structures and picometer positioning systems. The book concludes with picoscale device applications, including single molecule electronics and optical computers. Introductions in each chapter explain basic concepts, define technical terms, and give context to the main material.
- Author BiographyKlaus D. Sattler is a professor of physics at the University of Hawaii, where his research group obtained the first atomic-scale images of carbon nanotubes and produced the first carbon nanocones. His current work focuses on nanodiamonds, graphene quantum dots, and solar photocatalysis with nanoparticles for the purification of water. Dr. Sattler has been a recipient of the German Physical Society's Walter Schottky Prize. He received a PhD from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Content Note749 black & white illustrations, 20 colour illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight1973 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Edited byKlaus D. Sattler
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.