All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionDo you kw why repeatability is more important than accuracy? Do you kw what makes a closed-tank system simpler than an open tank? What determines the rate of flow through a control valve? How might 'dead time' affect a paper mill machine? How would you evaluate a vendor's online adaptive-tuning system? After reading Paul Murrill's Fundamentals of Process Control Theory, 3rd Edition, you'll kw how to find the answer to questions like these, and many more advanced concepts you can apply to your day-to-day work. ISA's all-time best-selling book is w updated and expanded, offering a time-tested way for you to teach yourself the complexities of process control theory. Fundamentals of Process Control Theory has long been praised for its clear, stylish presentation of the basic principles of process automation and its excellent overview of advanced control techniques. More than just a reference book, it's a complete course in the subject, with exercises and answers to work through. Now, t only has the author updated it to reflect the most recent changes in techlogy, he has also incorporated material from his much-praised ISA book on putting the theory into practice: Application Concepts of Process Control. Both theoretical and practical, this guide allows readers to teach themselves the fundamental scientific principles that govern process control, particularly feedback control. Its 17 self-study units provide a solid foundation in theory, as well as a discussion of recent techlogies such as computer-integrated manufacturing, statistical process control and expert systems. New chapters focus on the conceptual framework for an application, offering a practical understanding of the theory, along with specific illustrations on how concepts are implemented. Contents: Introduction and Overview Basic Control Concepts Functional Structure of Feedback Control Sensors and Transmission Systems Typical Measurements Controllers Control Valves Process Dynamics Tuning Control Systems Cascade Control Feedforward and Multivariable Control Special Purpose Concepts Dead Time Control Nonlinear Compensation and Adaptive Control Sequential Control Modern Control System Architecture New Directions for Process Control Glossary Index.
- Author(s)Paul W. Murrill
- Date of Publication15/06/2000
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationResearch Triangle Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-ROM
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.