Fundamentals of Rational Emotive Behaviour Therapy: A Training Handbook by Rhena Branch, Windy Dryden (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $39.92+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* A complete introduction to REBT, an approach to CBT which argues that at the core of emotional disturbance lies a set of irrational beliefs that people hold about themselves and others * Essential for counsellors who are beginning to use REBT with clients - recreates the 'feel'of a training course and alerts trainees to difficulties they may experience when using REBT in practice * Covers all the basic theoretical and practical information that trainees need to begin using REBT, with special attention paid to disputing irrational beliefs and helping clients set goals * Windy Dryden is the world's best-kwn and most prolific name in REBT after its founder (the late Albert Ellis), and there is direct competition to this unique handbook
- Author BiographyWindy Dryden is Professor of Psychotherapeutic Studies, Goldsmiths, University of London. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society and of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. He began his training in REBT in 1977 and became the first Briton to be accredited as an REBT therapist by the Albert Ellis Institute. In 1981, Windy spent a six-month sabbatical at the Center for Cognitive Therapy, University of Pennsylvania, one of the first British psychologists to do an extended training in Cognitive Therapy. He is a Fellow of the Albert Ellis Institute and a Founding Fellow of the Academy of Cognitive Therapy. While his primary therapeutic orientation is REBT, Windy has been very much influenced by his cognitive therapy colleagues and by the working alliance theory of Ed Bordin. His research interests are in the historical and theoretical roots of REBT (with Arthur Still) and the phenomenology of hurt, the study of which is informed by REBT theory. Windy is perhaps the best known for his voluminous writings in REBT/CBT and the wider field of counselling and psychotherapy. To date he has authored or edited over 160 books, making him probably the most prolific book writer and editor currently alive in the field today. He has also edited 17 book series including the best selling 'Counselling in Action' series. Windy was the founding editor of the British Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy in 1982 which later merged with the Cognitive Behaviorist to become the Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy: An International Quarterly. Windy was co-founding editor of this journal with E. Thomas Dowd. In 2003, Windy became the editor of the Journal of Rational-Emotive and Cognitive-Behavior Therapy. Rhena Branch is an accredited CBT therapist. Rhena runs her own private practice in North London and also teaches on the Masters (MSc RECBT) at Goldsmith's University.
- Author(s)Rhena Branch,Windy Dryden
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/2008
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight412 g
- Width171 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.