All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis superbly illustrated book provides a comprehensive overview of all aspects of regional anaesthesia for the trainee and practising anaesthetist alike. Written by a team of experts who are well kwn in the field of regional anaesthesia, the book is structured logically, with essential anatomy being followed by indications and then the block techniques themselves, all sections being organised by region of the body, for ease of reference. Section one, 'Principles and Practice', outlines the benefits of regional anaesthesia and details of the contraindications and complications, safety aspects and precautions for safeguarding patient welfare. A brief description of the pharmacology of local anaesthetics is also included. Section two covers peripheral blocks in detail. This section is arranged in a logical manner from the lower limb through the abdomen, the thorax and the upper limb to the head and neck, allowing the reader to revise the nerve supply to a particular operative site and select suitable nerve blocks in advance of a surgical list. Section three describes the central neuraxial and major peripheral nerve blocks in detail. Line and perspective diagrams to clarify and define the skills required for each technique complement the written descriptions. Section four contains a detailed appendix with useful index of specific techniques and a comprehensive further reading list, divided by section and sub-section. Fully illustrated in colour throughout with all illustrations produced especially for this book, it is the essential, one-stop guide to regional anaesthesia for all anaesthetists.
- PrizesWinner of BMA Medical Book Competition: Anaesthesia Category 2005.
- Author(s)Colin A. Pinnock,H.B.J. Fischer,Robert Jones
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication23/09/2004
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenwich Medical Media Ltd
- Out-of-print date17/11/2015
- Content Note200 colour and b&w illustrations
- Weight693 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.