All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionThe most comprehensive overview of signal detection available. This is a thorough, up-to-date introduction to optimizing detection algorithms for implementation on digital computers. It focuses extensively on real-world signal processing applications, including state-of-the-art speech and communications techlogy as well as traditional sonar/radar systems. Start with a quick review of the fundamental issues associated with mathematical detection, as well as the most important probability density functions and their properties. Next, review Gaussian, Chi-Squared, F, Rayleigh, and Rician PDFs, quadratic forms of Gaussian random variables, asymptotic Gaussian PDFs, and Monte Carlo Performance Evaluations. Three chapters introduce the basics of detection based on simple hypothesis testing, including the Neyman-Pearson Theorem, handling irrelevant data, Bayes Risk, multiple hypothesis testing, and both deterministic and random signals. The author then presents exceptionally detailed coverage of composite hypothesis testing to accommodate unkwn signal and ise parameters. These chapters will be especially useful for those building detectors that must work with real, physical data. Other topics covered include: * Detection in nGaussian ise, including nGaussian ise characteristics, kwn deterministic signals, and deterministic signals with unkwn parameters * Detection of model changes, including maneuver detection and time-varying PSD detection * Complex extensions, vector generalization, and array processing The book makes extensive use of MATLAB, and program listings are included wherever appropriate. Designed for practicing electrical engineers, researchers, and advanced students, it is an ideal complement to Steven M. Kay's Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing, Vol. 1: Estimation Theory (Prentice Hall PTR, 1993, ISBN: 0-13-345711-7).
- Author BiographySTEVEN M. KAY is Professor of Electrical Engineering at the University of Rhode Island and a leading expert in signal processing.
- Author(s)Steven M. Kay
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication27/01/1998
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1118 g
- Width182 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine35 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.